Interior Architect / Designer
The Interior Architect is an integral part of the design team. The firm’s goal is for interiors to inform a project’s architecture as much as the architecture informs the interiors. The Interior Architect will be an experienced architect who works diligently toward designing the highest quality interiors and moves intelligently toward bringing that design to fruition.
The Interiors Architect will be expected to:
- Develop a series of architectural interiors on each project that are building and site specific with the goal of achieving a holistically designed building on the inside and out.
- Be involved in all phases of design from conceptual work all the way through construction administration – working and contributing to the design team through the lens of interiors.
- Participate in pre-design and building planning as necessary to understand and fulfill the client’s vision.
- Together with the shell team, work philosophically and pragmatically toward a vision of how the project’s interior architecture relates to its surrounding landscape, proposed architecture, client needs, sustainable strategies and a firm-wide goal of delivering forward thinking design.
- Keep up to date with project developments by regularly interfacing with Project Managers and designers.
- Take a lead role in selection of interior materials, furnishings and lighting. The Interior Architect should feel comfortable championing design decisions that benefit the interior architecture of the project.
- Produce working drawings and renderings illustrating project interiors.
- Collaborate closely with the Millwork team to bring the highest quality custom interiors to life and make sure the flow of information between the Studio and Millshop is consistent and accurate.
- Liaison with external contractors including mechanical and structural consultants on matters of interior architecture.
- Present and respond to clients about interior design topics.
- Work collaboratively with other designers and project manager in our studio
- Support systems and organizational structures for storage of sample materials
Qualified candidates will have:
- A 4 to 6-year Architectural degree from an accredited Architecture or Interior Design program.
- 1-5 years of experience in the architecture or interior design field
- A profound interest in interior design and how it relates to the overall delivery of a project
- Knowledge + aptitude at using Archicad BIM software (preferred)
- An interest in our design ethos both in our residential and commercial divisions
- An inquisitive mind that is always searching for new and exciting solutions
- A positive outlook and attitude
- An appreciation of craftsmanship
- Able to collaborate and discuss ideas with others in a constructive and amicable manner, respecting all team members.
- Competitive Salary
- 6 Weeks Paid Personal Time
- 9 Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Retirement Plan
- Wonderful work environment
Cover Letter, Resume and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org