Our dynamic and award-winning firm seeks an experienced Architect or Architectural Designer to join our team and support our rapidly growing Commercial Division. As an Architect or Architectural Designer in our Commercial Division, you will be responsible for:
- At times, measuring and documenting existing structures.
- Participating in regulatory review – acquainting yourself with local + state codes and regulations.
- Specific technical design aspects of an assigned project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meet the client’s needs.
- Providing professional architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of large complex projects.
- Independently applying advanced architectural concepts and designs.
- Collaborating with your Project Manager(s) and design team on moving a project forward from Schematic Design through Design Development toward Construction Documentation.
- Communicate with our Construction division and other subcontractors to understand budgets and schedules that best serve our clients’ needs.
- Coordinating with clients on project needs and finding solutions to their design concerns professionally and timely.
- Carrying out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A 4 to 6-year Architectural degree from an accredited Architecture Program.
- 5-10 years of experience in the architecture field
- Commercial design experience (required)
- Architectural licensure is a plus
- An understanding of Maine code and regulations (preferred)
- Knowledge + aptitude at using Archicad BIM software (preferred)
- An interest in our design ethos both in our residential and commercial divisions
- An inquisitive mind that is always searching for new and exciting solutions
- A positive outlook and attitude
- An appreciation of craftsmanship
- Able to collaborate and discuss ideas with others constructively and amicably, respecting all team members.
- Competitive Salary
- 6 Weeks Paid Personal Time
- 9 Company Holidays
- Health Insurance + Dental/Vision
- Health Savings Account option
- Retirement Plan
- A wonderful work environment with talented designers, architects, craftsmen, and project managers.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit:
- Letter of Interest, Resume, and Portfolio to email@example.com